With our Member Organisations endorsing the global Professional Bodies Climate Action Charter, the Australian Council of Professions is facilitating an initiative to assist other professional organisations exploring ways they too can help secure a sustainable future. The Australian / New Zealand ‘Forum for Climate Action’ enables sharing and harnessing of joint expertise and climate-relevant resources to enhance the capabilities of professional organisations to practice sustainability.
The purposes of the Forum include:
- exploring and progressing organisations becoming a Supporter or Signatory to the Charter
- sharing ideas, information and knowledge that will provide value to those who are Supporters or Signatories to the Charter
Collaboratively, the Forum intend to harness and share expertise and climate-relevant resources to enhance the capability to practice sustainability, including a timeline for achieving this and identifying the help and collaboration needed from within our partnerships to achieve this.
The Forum is convened by ACoP Board Member Simon Hann. The inaugural Forum co-chairs are:
- Karen McWilliams FCA – Business Reform Leader, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Mark Bonner MEc GDipResEc BEc – Climate Change Program Leader, Engineers Australia
- Dr Hanna Jaireth – President, National Environmental Law Association
- Andrew Petersen LLB BA – CEO, Business Council for Sustainable Development Australia
If you would like more information, please contact us on 1300 664 587 or Climate.Action@Professions.org.au